Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis
For those unable to attend the clinic why not ask about having a Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis Kit or Saliva Test Kit mailed to you.
What Is Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis
This is a specialised analytical test that measures the levels of trace minerals found in a sample of hair.
Why Test For Minerals?
Trace minerals are essential for our internal metabolic function during all phases of your life. They not only provide the building blocks to life itself, but are also necessary players in hormone and enzyme activity.
The body can manufacture many vitamins, but it cannot produce the essential trace minerals. We rely on food to give us these. However, our soils are depleted of vital minerals and as a result our foods are literally starved of nutrition. Traditional medicine cannot compensate for this deficiency. Many health symptoms are simply part of mineral deficiencies, imbalances or toxic accumulation. The individual information gained through hair tissue mineral analysis therefore becomes hugely important as a tool to maintain good health and longevity.
What does the analysis do for me?
With the results from your hair sample we can accurately form a nutritional plan to suit your life and rectify the cause of your symptoms.
Does it hurt?
No, the test is easy, non-invasive and painless. All we need is a tablespoon of your hair.
Who does the test?
The laboratory we employ is fully accredited and uses modern atomic technology to do the testing.
What if I am bald or have short hair?
Samples can also be taken from the pubic, chest or underarm area.
What will a hair analysis indicate?
- A build up of toxic metals in your body.
- Individual Metabolic Type: The mineral ratios or patterns indicate a specific metabolic type. Providing answers to why people have low energy, are always tired, get depressed or have mood swings.
- Information on thyroid and adrenal responses.
- Mineral deficiencies, excesses and imbalances.
If you have the correct minerals to overcome specific health symptoms.
Symptoms explained through Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis include those relating to:
- depressionADHD and ADD
- tirednesschronic fatigue syndrome
- tissue aging osteoporosis
- thyroid headaches
- hyperactivitydental issues
- arthritis insomnia
- allergies hair loss
- hormones cardiac conditions
- fertility poor immunity
- alzheimer’smood swings
- PMSreoccurring illness
- prostate disordersbody/muscle pain
- poor memorylack of concentration
What causes mineral deficiencies and imbalance?
- Nutritional supplements
- Inherited genes
Why should I have this analysis done?
By analysing your individual mineral ratios many symptoms of ill health can be explained and therefore specifically treated.How To Obtain A Hair Tissue Mineral Sample. Clean, untreated hair is best for sampling. In cases where hair has been coloured, bleached or permed take your sample from the nape of the neck as this area often remains untreated. Make sure when filling in the form on the reverse that you list any treatments currently used.
Where scalp hair is unavailable, pubic, underarm or chest hair is acceptable. But don’t mix head hair with pubic hair. On short hair it is also possible to use thinning scissors. Special hair weigh envelopes are available upon request from the clinic or simply put your hair sample in a postal envelope and mail it in with the form and payment.
- Select hair from the back of the neck and/or behind the ears.
- Cut hair as close to the scalp as possible using clean, stainless steel scissors. The length of hair should not exceed 4cm (1½ ”). Since the freshest growth is best, send in the 4cms closest to the scalp if you have long hair.
- Weight of the hair required is approx. half a gram (0.5g) or equivalent to one heaped tablespoon.
- Results from your hair sample take approx. fourteen days.
Down Load this form and send to the address as per the instructions:
Hair Analysis Request Form
Payment will be as per analysis following a Consultation.